Wednesday 8 July 2009

Gray Skies are Gonna Clear Up (well, maybe not today)

Good day!

Just checking back in with my blog posts, "Twittering" actively, and contemplating my return to the states later this month.....also putting together trips to Portland, OR and Chicago for September, so if you're in either of those cities or know anyone who does live there and might like a reading, hypnotherapy or life coaching session with me in person, please have them email me at lifeofspirit@gmail.com Would love to send out particulars to interested parties!

It's a cloudy, gray day here in Stowmarket, Suffolk (in East Anglia, England) but that's not unusual. In the month that I've been here, I've been blessed to share lots of great blue sky weather, and I actually find the rain and gray pretty inspiring for writing (obviously) I'll be doing a Gallery (Group) reading at the local pub this Saturday night - in the back room, not in the same room as the bar! I've met some great folks on this trip - kudos to Fiona, my Bowen therapist (a wonderful body work/energy work modality) for helping me with my sciatica and other issues. You know, I find healers exist everywhere - in fact, there's a healer in you! Just depends upon your perspective. The ability to smile at a stranger and uplift their day - that's healing. Your dog or cat or any pet's empathy for your not feeling great or being in the best mood, but just sticking close by your side no matter what - healing. Sharing a laugh - VERY healing. So I encourage you to explore your own healing abilities and needs, and ACT upon them, my friend.

I spent some quality time in the local church yard yesterday before the skies opened up and poured down the blessed rain....I prayed for several people, including myself (why do we often forget to go direct to Source on our on behalf, but will do so willingly for everyone else?) and just got such a sense of peace, looking at the rose bush garden in front of me, the vast array of headstones in the surrounding cemetery - some dating back to the 1800s in various states of disrepair, but for the most part, still legible....the Norman style of the old church building itself set against the backdrop of an increasingly gray sky - all of this proved very comforting in many ways. The cows in the neighboring pasture seemed to agree :-) There are many footpaths here in this country, where pedestrians are welcomed to open the pasture gate and move across the land respectfully, preserving and observing the natural beauty. Something you don't see in the U.S. I find this to be a lovely custom. And while in many ways, I look forward to my return home, I also shall miss this land and plan to find my way back e'er long.

If you are feeling any type of unrest or unhappiness, I highly recommend finding some place in nature where you can escape and reconnect to SOURCE....if you don't happen to have a pasture nearby, a tree in a nearby park or even a flower box lining a busy city street can easily provide the solace and grounding you just might need. If you're an ocean lover but live waaayyy in-land, perhaps listening to a recording of ocean waves, and letting your mind go blank, then allowing your powerful imagination to paint a vivid (or tranquil - your choice) seascape along which you can lie or walk.....ahhhh......we forget how incredibly therapeutic and NECESSARY for the care and feeding of the soul going into the relaxation response is....indulge yourself, won't you? You'll be amazed at how refreshed you'll feel, even after just a few minutes. Longer is better, but five to ten minutes here and there is far better than none. In the words on the ancient Alka Seltzer commercial, "try it, you'll LIKE it!"

Enjoy! I'll check back soon.

Aloha, Namaste', and Shalom,

Cheryl
www.cherylbooth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.